Looks like you are in the mood to cook a steak! We don’t blame you because steaks are comforting and it goes beautifully with some grilled veggies and satisfying and creamy mash potato. Maybe you like your steak as it is or you prepare different kinds of side dishes.
The question is – How do you choose a good steak to prep up at home? When you step out to shop for a steak, it can be an overwhelming experience. You might feel confused about which store to go to. Do they offer fresh meats?
Many questions criss-cross your mind. But, we’re here to help you a little.
We are going to tell you how you can choose a good steak. Keep reading!
The Types of Steaks – The Flavoursome Options!
You must know that there are different types of steaks. You will find the following kinds:
- Filet mignon
- New York strip
- Hanger steak
The list goes on, but the key is to find the best kind of steak to prepare at home. We’re not talking about the type. We’re referring to how you can pick the freshest and most delectable cut.
Tip on choosing the best kind of steak
Here are some helpful tips for you:
- Always buy thick cuts – they should be at least two inches thick
- The fat gives plenty of flavors, so feel free to choose a fatty cut. It makes the meat juicy and keeps the shape while you are frying it.
- Make sure you have a thermometer before buying your first steak.
- Look for legit products that say non-GMO and organic.
- The meat should not smell like ammonia. This means it’s stale.
- If you are buying it from a store, make sure you feel the steak. In case your fingers stick to the meat, then it’s probably going stale or bad.
- Ribeye is great – it doesn’t take long to choose a good one. Most butchers will also tell you that ribeye is the best kind of cut. It is not as tender as you like but has intense flavors.
Now that you know about the types of steaks, you might be trying to find the best meat stores, right?
You can find most of the popular steaks in Montreal, Quebec.Try Papa Earth meat delivery Montreal for the best kind of fresh steak.